sábado, febrero 26

High Wire

-Just callin' to say congrats, pal!
-Thank you very much, Mr Bush.
-I know you will do OK. Look, the guys here are a little worried...
-Sorry?
-Not sorry, worried. About you and Castro and Chávez, all together, you know, like old buddies, well, they don't like that... they think you will turn into a crazy dictator, you.
-Oh, that... is just pour la galerie.
-Sorry, you know I don't speak no Spanish.
-I try to say that is just to make it look beautiful for the people of the Left, eh, because they voted for me. The Wide Front, the Left.
-Whatever, I'll give you some piece of advice: take care. As we say in Texas, don't you show up in public too much. Learned that from JFK. Specially if you are in no good company, know what I mean.
-Thank you very much, Mr Bush. We want you to come here the next time.
-That's what I'm trying to say, you get to know a person by his friends. But hopefully I'll be retired 'n couple o'years. Ah, talkin' bout friends, please say hello to my friend Jorge. Never let him down, don't you let ME down, OK?
-Thank you very much, Mr Bush.